November 8, 2009

Morocco!! Day 5




November 3rd
The incredible day in the Sahara desert was over and now it was time to pack up and leave. We left in the campsite around 8:30am in the 4x4 jeeps and headed back to the buses. As we were leaving the camp and I was reflecting on the days before I couldn’t help but smile from ear to ear. I knew that I would never forget this experience. We spent most of the day on the bus heading to another city in Morocco called Meknes. We arrived at our hotel in Meknes around 7:30pm and headed up to our rooms to shower! Our bath tub had a lot of sand in it after my friends Andrea, Jill and I showered. I really appreciated that shower; it felt so refreshing after being in the desert for two days. It is crazy how quickly we can take things for granted at home…little things like a warm blanket, warm water and soap! We were exhausted and went to bed right after dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment